Sweden's opposition Greens Party has called for an investigation into the matter and demanded that the defence minister present a report on the issue to parliament.
However several former FOI employees confirmed the existence of the project to Swedish Radio.
When FOI director general, Jan-Olof Lind, was asked if there has been been a Project Simoom with Saudi Arabia, he replied: “No. And I do not wish to comment on discussions that may or may not have occurred between Sweden and Saudi Arabia. These discussions are classified.”
“The fact that an authority such as FOI (Swedish Defence Research Agency) is involved in the planning of a weapons factory for a government in a dictatorship such as Saudi Arabia is quite unique,” the radio said.
Saharonline: Sweden has sold weapons to Saudi Arabia in the past but classified government documents state that Project Simoom “pushes the boundaries of what is possible for a Swedish authority,” the radio said. Saharonlione - According to a report on Swedish Radio Sweden has secretly been helping Saudi Arabia build an arms factory to produce anti-tank missiles...
|< Prev||Next >|
|But thee We only sent to give glad tidings and warning. 25:56|
15. Dhul Qadah 1436
Which is better?
- The Younger Zainab
- A series of Zionist steps against Qatar for helping Hamas and the Palestinian Authority
- Shuttle rounds for members of the “CIA” and “DCRI”, and their aim is Syria
- Qatari Prime Minister: The Saudi regime will inevitably fall by our hands
- Obama, Israel and Palestine: The “change” that never came
- Islamophobia in the US Still On the Rise - An Examination